Never mind going pear-shaped, things have gone all cube-shaped in this fruity themed sequel from NetEnt! Strolling Staxx: Cubic Fruits is ripe for the picking, have you tried it yet?
Strolling Staxx: Cubic Fruits ™ Overview
New on the NetEnt block comes Strolling Staxx: Cubic Fruits. The next instalment in their popular Staxx series which also includes Butterfly Staxx and Neon Staxx. We love them all, but this one has to be our favourite so far as it has gorgeous graphics and the cube-shaped fruits take the game in a bit of a different direction from the typical fruity-themed slots we’ve played before.
This colourful blast of fruity fun is just the ticket if you love simple slots without too many features to wrap your head around. Plus if you’ve played any of the other Staxx games in the series, you’ll be well-versed on what to expect.
For those of you new to the Staxx franchise you can expect Colossal Symbols that can cover up to 9 reel spaces and stacked symbols that create additional chances to win thanks to the Strolling Staxx Re-Spin feature! Some players may miss the presence of a free spins round, but this game moves quickly, and there are some good opportunities to take home some wins.
The 5×3 game is set amongst a cuboid world full of angular trees and flowers which bring the whole game to life. Each symbol is a series of cube-shaped fruits and letters and numbers. The ‘W’ Wild symbol and watermelon are the highest paying symbols followed by the other fruits, and the letters and numbers make up the lower value symbols.
As you spin the reels, they will rotate, and fruits and symbols will fall into place. Watch out for those Colossal Symbols which can take up to 9 spaces on the reels; they will split into between 2 and 9 symbols depending on their size so can help create more chances of a winning combination or a stack that will trigger the re-spin feature.
- Wilds – the Wild symbols are the highest value symbol on par with the Watermelon and can appear as stacks or as a Colossal symbol anywhere on the reels during the main game and re-spins feature. They substitute for all symbols.
- Colossal Symbols – symbols can appear as a single or as a Colossal symbol which can cover 2×3 or 3×3 spaces on the reels. They can appear in both the main game and during the re-spins feature. After it has landed on the reels, a Colossal symbol will split into between 2 and 9 single symbols.
- Strolling Staxx Re-Spins – if a stack of matching symbols is created on one or more reels the Strolling Staxx feature is triggered. During the feature, all stacks of symbols and matching connected symbols (either adjacent or diagonally) will shift one reel to the left until all stacks have disappeared from the left reel. If more stacks appear during the feature, it can be retriggered.
- Bonus Bet and Extra Chance – players can activate this feature by clicking on the ‘Bonus Bet’ button which you’ll see below the reels. It will cost you 5 more coins per spin, and if activated when you trigger a Strolling Staxx Re-Spins, overlay 3×3 Colossal Symbols can land fully or partially on the reels creating further opportunities at winning bet lines.
- RTP: 96.24%
- Free Spins: No
- Release Date: January 2019
- Software Provider: NetEnt
- Bet size: £0.10 up to £200
Strolling Staxx: Cubic Fruits ™ Verdict!
NetEnt has been really upping their game quite literally with a considerable commitment to churn out up to 35 new games this year alone! Some might be a little sceptical and wonder if that may have an impact on the quality and innovation we see from their slots but if Strolling Staxx is anything to go by they are still well and truly on their game!
What We Think!
Strolling Staxx: Cubic Fruits has just strolled on to our screens and it’s brought Colossal Symbols and Re-spins with it!
Strolling Staxx: Cubic Fruits ™ - the latest slot in NetEnt's Staxx series!
Never mind going pear-shaped, things have gone all cube-shaped in this fruity themed sequel from NetEnt! Strolling Staxx: Cubic Fruits is ripe for the pick